Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Chaos ...



 
The clutter on your desk reveals it all: you’ve been through a very rough week—a week full of confusion, chaos, a tidal wave of deadlines, and a life tampered by the illusions of the city life. You attempt to multitask just to stay afloat, yet, it was never enough. And here you are, battered and beaten until no trace of beauty is left to flaunt.


I feel you. As a designer, we have mental overloads and creativity drains. When times like this kicks in, I pack my heart and search for my soul. It is imperative to salvage myself from the city and settle in the excitement of the unknown.   I long for sweet nirvana,isolating myself from familiar faces and discovering a whole new world. Feeling the rush of it all and stepping out of my comfort zone is my therapy to move forward. My perspective changes, my outlook are shifted, and I am soon a revision of my worn out self.

 
A designer lives in a world of peril. A world where the future is covered by haze and what’s left for you to get you through is your intuition and vision. It is a never ending battle of finding out what’s beautiful and divine, or how to twist the grotesque into a thing of delight. I, for one, don’t plan years in advance. I collect and compile my visions, and unleash them all when the time is right.

When will I know that the time is right, you might ask? You feel that.

You simply feel the desire slowly crawling in your veins as the picture in your mind builds itself piece by piece, and it becomes too much to contain that it becomes an explosion of revelation.

The Jupe de fringe is an offspring of my creative pursuits. I thought about that skirt 2 years before I gave birth to the pattern.  The Rouge SkirtPant as in a vault inside the depths of my consciousness and only after 3 years did I patterned it to existence. Timing is of the essence. As they say, creativity can never be rushed.

 My dear fashionistas, you all know this feeling. Every now and then, things get out of hand and bats are released from the belfry. Worry not. Just take a breather, do what you love, be what you love, and feel the love. Take a day or night to yourself and celebrate the joys of being you. Soon, you will be that prism that will reflect the positivity to everybody. Pass it on, fashionista! We call it Self Love.

XOXO

Nikki
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment